For lease retail commercial space within the "Wayside Motel" property (see two black ovals on the picture above). The site is zoned C2 commercial and permits retail and hotel uses. Avalable are:
- Retail Area North fronting Queen Street of about 1,000 sq.ft with access to hydro, water & propane
- Hwy 6 Frontage Area of about 1,500 sq ft with access to hydro & water
We are looking for a creative individual(s) with desire to establish his/her business in this fantastic location. Specifically, we are looking for seasonal operators of:
- Take out/fast food vending/ truck
- Art & crafts, preserve and/or farm, baking products booth(s)
The location offers exceptional exposure to pass-by traffic on Hwy 6, guests of the two area motels, numerous cottages, lodges and resort visitors in the area and local population.
The location has a potential to become a focal point of the Hwy 6 corridor on Manitoulin. It was very successful and worked as key visitor's destination point in the past. Recorded (2016) traffic volumes on Hwy 6 in front of the property are:
- 2,200 average daily traffic in the summer months (SADT) or over 65,000 pass-by traffic per month from July 1 to August 31.
- 1,800 average annual daily traffic (AADT)
End of June to early September are peak capacity months for the tourist industry on the Island and you might expect to be 90% busy. Mid-season starts in early May and ends in mid October and coincides with the Chi-Cheemaun ferry operations.
- Half way between South Baymouth and Little Current
- Exceptional signage and off road visibility
- Tall (about 30") commercial backlit sign off Hwy 6
- Proven and established location
- No competition
- Parking suitable for private and commercial vehicles.
- Two access points including RT-in off Hwy 6 and all-move access to/from Queen Street
Please contact Elizabeth at 249-777-3250 or 705-859-3515 for more information or to schedule an appointment. You can also e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.